Friday, August 31, 2007

a letter to a girlfriend


Girlfriend,


You do sound exactly as I have/had been feeling for quite a while now. Feeling left out of life? out of His favor? like a forgotten child.
I know that quoting scripture and verbally reminding you that God is there however silent he might be -- does very little to satisfy your soul.

Could be the meno/peri-menopausal thing, could be female hormonal stuff, could be other physical problems but they affect our spiritual person regardless, don't they?

What has helped me and I don't mean that it's your answer -- and I know that for a long time I had trouble with this -- still do at times -- but, I am learning again to talk to Him during the day while I am doing a chore, pulling weeds, stacking tomato, squash from the garden...
Ooh.. He does know how I have felt and how I am feeling because I tell him -- though he already knows, he's the Dad -- I tell him just like a bratty child or pampered child complains to her mommy and or daddy -- with tears and a little trembling of the lower lip. And I know that he has taken me in his arms and scoops me up and tousles my already mussed hair with his hands like moms and dads do with their little ones. I know that he is smiling and shaking his head but at the same time he sends me the comfort that I need when I sorely need it.

As you say, last night that miracle -- it was for you -- and that is how we receive assurances sometimes -- even though we say, aaaaghh -- whatever.

Little whispers to God, Girlfriend -- he hears them.
Embr

No comments: